Friday, May 7, 2010

Two Recent Hats



Hello thar. :D


Recently knitted up a couple of hats with some scrap yarn I'm trying to use up.




First was this, which I fondly refer to as a "Johnny hat". Johnny being my 19 year-old brother. He's always had an article of clothing with this colouring scheme.
















Next was this, slightly thicker yarn that I got while on a thrift store "tour" with the Maleys (who've essentially adopted me over the past year).

I'm just playing around with different striping and lengths of the brim. :D
I got a LOT of great yarn today at a garage sale for a pretty good deal. I'm looking forward to making some things with it.







Currently working on:
  • Simple garter stitch fingerless gloves from teal Merino wool for Mom for Mother's Day
  • Scrap afghan
  • Black shrug in this really soft acryllic
  • The Transformers square of Melanie's Christmas quilt
  • Well, there's the beginnings of a turquoise sweater that keep staring at me but...

I wanna play with my new yarn damnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment